Monday, May 23, 2011

Identifying Techniques

I'm not sure of you have noticed, but for the past two months I have been following the 52 Weeks of Blogging Your Passion curriculum. Can you say awesome! I love it. But that isn't really the point of today's post.

It is related, though.  Today's assignment was to blog about a technique I have fallen out of love with. I stared at my blank posting screen for a good 20 minutes trying to identify a technique I hate.  Nothing. So then I tried to think of techniques I love. Ummmmm....

Okay, that is just weird. I love making garters. Love. It. So why can't I think of the technique (or even a technique) that makes my job so enjoyable?  It seems to me, it is about time I take inventory of my sewing and crafting skills. It'll be like putting together a technique resume. Bonus: when I return to my sewing lessons this summer I'll know what I know, what I need to improve, and some new stuff I want to learn.

Want to play along?  Tell me in the comments some of your crafty and sewing skills.

3 comments:

Hava said...

Scrapbooking is my "craft du jur" and I would say my best skills lie in my layouts. I spend hours planning the perfect one and no two are alike. I delight in the chance to set the pictures on a page so that they flow like a fung shui garden. (Now if only I could cut perfect circles I would be a happy scrapbooker).

Erratt Family said...

I have very few sewing skills, other than what I make up as I go. I often find myself gazing longingly at my sewing machine wishing that I felt more confident. One skill that I have been working on lately though, is testing out different automatic stitch patterns (I'm sure there is a technical name for these) on my machine to make cute cards/paper goods. You should try it! - Alyssa

Never A Plain Jane said...

Alyssa, you are a genius! I think I'll hit the fabric store for a 1/4 yard of several different fabrics and try different stitches at various lengths and tensions. Too bad you can't come take lessons with me this summer.